Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Wednesday 7 December - Errands

I went down to Saint-Lazare this morning to get tickets for our trip to Bayeux tomorrow.  I am proud of myself in that I bought the tickets using the SNCF machine - first time! The line to Versailles is cut between Saint-Lazare and La Defense again, this time by "un incident".

The La Vie du Rail Bookshop has now re-opened and I managed to get a copy of the Wall railway atlas for northern France.  Part 2 will be available next July. This is the latest in a series of excellent atlases that Paul and I used extensively for our trip to Switzerland.

This afternoon we took a short walk through Monceau where there is always something to see. people to watch etc. the park is heavily used by people having a quick lunch.  The benches are more like recliners, very comfortable until you have to get up.

Even in winter there is a lot of color

Add caption



No comments:

Post a Comment